Being fit is everyone’s desire but knowing rightly how to be fit may be missing. Being fit and healthy is acheivable but due to lack of calculation & control most of us fail to achieve it.
What is a Calorie?
Definition or meaning of calorie is bit different from what anyone would perceive it to be. Calorie is measuring unit. Definition is, amount of heat required to heat up one gram of water by one degree Celsius. Also calorie can be understood as amount of energy you get from any food. Most food may have mentioned KiloCalorie (Kcal) which is equal to 1,000 small calories.
Calorie requirement of human body for one day
Recommended calorie intake in US is 2500 for Men & 2000 for Women. Interesting is 20% of energy we intake is used by your brain. Human body needs calorie for body functioning. Even to sit calmly body utilises calories from food we eat.
Calories in different type of foods
Most people don’t care about calorie content of food that they eat. But being aware of same can help control body weight and health. There are food with ZERO Calorie and also there are food with too much calories. Below are some food with ZERO Calorie.
- Brusel Sprout
- White Mushroom
- Water Melon
Below are few food with highest calorie :
- Homemade Granola has 489 calories per 100gm
- Meat has 184 calories per 100gm
- Firm tofu has 144 calories per 100gm
- Fish has 206 calories per 100gm
- Avocado has 160 calories per 100gm
- Chickpeas has 164 calories per 164gm
- Sweet potato has 101 calories per 100 gm
- Whole grain has 123 calories per 100gm
- Macadamia Nuts has 718 calories per 100gm
- Fried Onion Rings had 1246 calories in one servings
- Hamburger with large patty has 942 calories
- Cheese burger has 762 calories
- MacDonalds pancakes has 601 calories
- KFC fried chicken breast has 568 calories
- Packaged fruit juice has 204 calories
Few habits that can help organise your diet :
- Check food labels always for knowing the nutritional value
- Eat less of carbohydrate and fat but cover that part with vegetables & fruits
- Calculate calorie everyday
- Uses plates rather than eating directly from packages