Types of Acne are Cystic Acne, Fungal Acne, Acne Scar and Baby Acne. Acne causes Black Heads, Whiteheads or pimples. Below are some solution to Acne.
What is Acne?
Your skin have very small pores or holes from where it removes excess oil and water(Sweat). This pores have important functions to perform like protecting from microbes, regulate body temperature, etc. Sometimes this pores gets block with dead cells and oils. This blockage gets old and may look like black bump but actually accumulated bacteria and oil turns brown colour. Easy treatment options are available but it can be persistent.
There can be many reasons but 4 are main :
- Excess Oil i.e., Sebum secretion
- Hair follicles blocked by dead cells and oil
- Bacteria deposition
Hair follicles is connected with oil glands. Mostly acne appears on face, Upper back, Shoulder and Forehead because these skin area has most of oil glands. These blocked hair follicles sometimes become inflamed and infected with bacteria as a result it becomes bumped red spots with white centre. Few things trigger or worsen acne :
- Change in hormone level : During puberty, sebaceous gland i.e., oil glands expand and produces
- Medications : Drugs like corticosteroids, testosterone and lithium
- Stress : Stress results in worsening of acne and does not gives new acne
- Diest : Studies suggests that consuming more carbohydrate rich food worsen acne and drinking more liquid like juice and water reduces acne
Risk Factors :
Age group : Most common age group is between 12 to 20 years though all age groups can be affected.
Hormonal Changes : These hormonal changes are common during puberty
Family History :
Complications with Acne :
- Scars : Acne scars may be seen for longer term after acne is cured
- Skin shade change : After acne is cured, affected area shade may be lighter or darker
People with darker skin shade may experience this complication.
- Wash your face after sweating and also two times a day. Sweating may attract bacteria to settle and block pores of your skin
- Apply skin cleanser gently with finger and not with washcloth or sponge as they can cause irritation to the skin
- Don’t use products that contain alcohol, toner, exfoliants or astringents
- Use lukewarm water to rinse your face
- Don’t keep touching your face as it causes flare-ups
- Regular shampoo is necessary if your hair is oily
- Stay out of sun as tanning results in cancer sometimes
- Consult dermatologists if required